The department of English was established in the year 2003. The PG program was introduced in the year 2015. The department has been offering both UG and PG programs effectively keeping in mind the welfare of the students. The department inculcates good culture and motivate the students for productive and constructive development in order to meet the expectations of the current scenario with the best of their abilities.
To equip the department as a centre for academic merit, professional competence and contextual learning in English studies.
To train the students’ communication skill in English.
To enable the students to develop a holistic understanding of English literature.
To furnish them for further research and career opportunities.
Head Of the Department
• The Department of English is providing the highest standards of quality English language.
• The Department is committed to the students’ educational requirement.
• Providing them social exposure and ethical relationship
• Bridge Course – integrating the freshers
• Journal Club – introducing the new arrival literature books.
• Teaching Language Techniques (listening, speaking, reading, writing)
• The close reading of texts in lectures, seminar presentations and small-group discussions
• Mechanism of Creative writing – Essay writing, Poem writing.
• Technical writing – Error spotting, analysis of reports and Documentation.